Teen Writers Bloc

A Blog by the New School Writing for Children MFA Class of 2012

Corey’s Cover Reveal for OCD LOVE STORY!

Posted by Corey Haydu On June - 15 - 2012

OCDlove1 Coreys Cover Reveal for OCD LOVE STORY!

Guys. My book has a cover.

And I couldn’t love it more.

I was worried my cover might be too somber, or too boring, or not unique enough. I got everything I could have hoped for. The cover is downright VIBRANT, it’s quirky, it’s intense, it’s surprising, it’s whimsical, it’s edgy, it’s everything my book is, and it feels decidedly MINE. The designer (and, as always, my editor) seemed to really get my voice, my book, and how something can be both painful and hilarious, quiet and massive, unusual and relatable, obsessive and beautiful.

And, as icing on the cake, here’s a short description of the book:

When Bea meets Beck, she knows instantly that he’s her kind of crazy. Sweet, strong, kinda-messed-up Beck understands her like no one else can. He makes her feel almost normal. He makes her feel like she could fall in love again.

But despite her feelings for Beck, Bea can’t stop thinking about someone else: a guy who is gorgeous and magnetic…and has no idea Bea even exists. But Bea knows a lot about him. She spends a lot of time watching him. She has a journal full of notes. Some might even say she’s obsessed.

Bea tells herself she’s got it all under control, but this isn’t a choice, it’s a compulsion. The truth is, she’s breaking down…and she might end up breaking her own heart.

I’m thrilled, and would love to hear your thoughts!

Photo courtesy Simon Pulse

pixel Coreys Cover Reveal for OCD LOVE STORY!
//-->

14 Responses to “Corey’s Cover Reveal for OCD LOVE STORY!”

1. Emma Pass says:

Corey, it's GORGEOUS. You must be so thrilled! Congratulations!!

2. Jess Verdi says:

BEA-U-TI-FUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it love it love it!!!!

3. Judy says:

Hi Corey – Cam sent me the link for your cover and it is great! Because I usually wear black or gray the book will really stand out when I start hand selling it in January. Congrats! Judy

4. I love it! And the book itself sounds awesome. Can't wait to read it. Congrats! :)

5. Mary G. Thompson says:

This made me smile!

6. gsprendergast says:

Ahhhhh! (that's a sigh of pure joy). This is a new take on the kind of cover I love – what I call graphic/iconic. Love the colors and the manic scribbling. Love love love. when is it out?

7. Krispy says:

Found my way here from a tweet Mindee made about this cover. It's beautiful! I love the vibrant colors, the dynamic use of font. It has so much character, and just going from the blurb, it does seem fitting for your book. Congrats!

8. Brandy says:

I cannot even tell you how much I love it, Corey. (But apparently I'm going to try in several different ways today!)

9. Eileen says:

Oh those Pulse people give good cover. This is awesome! It makes me want to read the book even more.

10. This is an awesome cover, and so different from most YA covers. It really stands out and makes me want to grab the book off a store shelf RIGHT NOW!

11. Elsie Chapman says:

Corey–so, so, so perfect for OCD Love Story! Congrats!!

12. Caela Carter says:

I love love love it, Corey! I'm so glad you do too!